GetJarDeveloper and Advertiser Program Policies
Defined terms used here have the same meaning as in the Developer’s Addendum. Be sure to check back from time to time, as these policies may change.
Our content policies apply to any ads and content your ad or app displays or links to, including any ads it shows to users and any user-generated content it hosts or links to. Further, they apply to any content from your account which is displayed, including your developer or advertiser name and the landing page of your listed developer website.
- Sexually Explicit Material: Apps or ads that contain or promote pornography are prohibited; this includes sexually explicit or erotic content, icons, titles, or descriptions. We have a zero-tolerance policy against child sexual abuse imagery. If we become aware of content with child sexual abuse imagery, we will report it to the appropriate authorities and delete the Accounts of those involved with the distribution.
- Violence and Bullying: Depictions of gratuitous violence are not allowed. Apps and ads should not contain materials that threaten, harass or bully other users.
- Hate Speech: We don't allow content advocating against groups of people in connection with race or ethnic or national origin, religion (including atheism and agnostics), disability (special needs, including autism spectrum), gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Impersonation or Deceptive Behavior: Don't pretend to be someone else, and don't represent that your app or ad is authorized by or produced by another company or organization if that is not the case. Products or the ads they contain also must not mimic functionality or warnings from the operating system or other apps. Products must not contain false or misleading information, including in any content, title, icon, description, or screenshots. Developers and Advertisers must not divert users or provide links to any other site that mimics or passes itself off as another app or service. Apps and ads must not have names or icons that appear confusingly similar to existing products, or to apps supplied with the device (such as Camera or Messaging).
- Intellectual Property: Don’t infringe on the intellectual property rights of others, (including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, and other proprietary rights), or encourage or induce infringement of intellectual property rights. We will respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement.
- Personal and Confidential Information: We don't allow unauthorized publishing or disclosure of people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, government identification numbers, driver's and other license numbers, non-public contacts, or any other information that is not publicly accessible.
- Illegal Activities: Keep it legal. Don't engage in unlawful activities such as the sale of prescription drugs without a prescription.
- Gambling: We don’t allow apps, ads, content or services that facilitate online gambling, including but not limited to, online casinos, sports betting and lotteries, or games of skill that offer prizes of cash or other value.
- Dangerous Products: We don't allow apps, ads, content or services that harms, interferes with the operation of, or accesses in an unauthorized manner, networks, servers, or other infrastructure.
- Don't transmit or link to viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, malware, or any other items that may introduce security vulnerabilities to or harm user devices, apps, or personal data.
- Apps that collect information (such as the user's location or behavior) without the user's knowledge (spyware) are prohibited.
- Malicious scripts and password phishing scams.
- An app (or its components or derivative elements) must not make changes to the user’s device outside of the app without the user’s knowledge and consent. This includes behavior such as replacing or reordering the default presentation of apps, widgets, or the settings on the device. If an app makes such changes with the user’s knowledge and consent, it must be clear to the user which app has made the change and the user must be able to reverse the change easily, or by easily uninstalling the app altogether.
- Apps and their ads must not modify or add browser settings or bookmarks, add homescreen shortcuts, or icons on the user’s device as a service to third parties or for advertising purposes.
- Apps and their ads must not display advertisements through system level notifications on the user’s device, unless the notifications derive from an integral feature provided by the installed app (e.g., an airline app that notifies users of special deals, or a game that notifies users of in-game promotions).
- Apps must not encourage, incentivize, or mislead users into removing or disabling third-party apps except as part of a disclosed security service provided by the app.
Spam and Placement in the Store
Developers and advertisers are important partners in maintaining a great user experience.
- Do not post repetitive content.
- Do not use irrelevant, misleading, or excessive keywords in ads and apps descriptions, titles, or metadata.
- Developers / Advertisers must not attempt to change the placement of any Product or advertisements in or on GetJar or AppDay, or manipulate any product ratings or reviews by unauthorized means such as fraudulent installs, paid or fake reviews or ratings, or by offering incentives to rate products.
- Apps that are created by an automated tool or wizard service must not be submitted by the operator of that service on behalf of other persons.
- Do not post an app or ad where a significant functionality is to:
- Drive affiliate traffic to a website or
- Provide a webview of a website not owned or administered by you (unless you have permission from the website owner/administrator to do so)
- Do not send SMS, email, or other messages on behalf of the user without providing the user with the ability to confirm content and intended recipient.
App an Ads Promotion
Apps and ads may not directly or indirectly engage in or benefit from the following behavior:
- Promotion via deceptive ads on websites, apps or other properties, including simulated system, service, or app notifications or alerts.
- Promotion or install tactics which cause redirection or the download of the app without informed user action.
- Unsolicited promotion via SMS services.
It is your responsibility to ensure that no ad network or affiliate uses such methods to direct users to pages that make your app available for download.
Additional Ad Policy
The policy below covers all ads, including those that are implemented in and bundled with apps. These rules are important in maintaining a positive experience for everyone. Be sure to check back from time to time, as these policies may change.
- Developer Terms apply to the entire user experience of your app
Please be aware that our Developer’s Addendum as well as these Developer / Advertiser Program Policies (together, “Developer Terms”) apply to each ad and app as well as any ads or third-party libraries bundled or made available through the app. Offer your users a consistent, policy compliant, and well communicated user experience.
Ads are considered part of your app for purposes of content review and compliance with the Developer Terms. Therefore all of the policies referenced above also apply. Please take care to use advertising which does not violate the Developer Terms.
- Ads Context
Ads must not simulate or impersonate the user interface of any app, or notification and warning elements of an operating system. It must be clear to the user which app each ad is associated with or implemented in.
- Ad Walls and Interstitial Ads
Interstitial ads may only be displayed inside of the app they came with. Forcing the user to click on ads or submit personal information for advertising purposes in order to fully use an app is prohibited. A prominent and accessible target must be made available to users in any interstitial ad so they may dismiss the ad without penalty or inadvertent click-through.
- Interfering with Apps and Third-party Ads
Ads associated with your app must not interfere with other apps or their ads.
In the event that your app or add is removed you may receive an email notification to that effect. If you have any questions or concerns regarding a removal or a rating/comment from a user, you may contact us at Serious or repeated violations of the Developer Distribution Agreement or this Content Policy may result in account termination. Repeated infringement of intellectual property rights, including copyright, may also result in account termination in appropriate circumstances.